Eyes are probably one of the most defining features in the human body. Keeping your vision 20:20 and your eyes healthy will ensure you live life to the maximum.
At the Specialist Medical Clinic we are able to offer most surgical eye procedures, performed by our experienced ophthalmologist (Mr Haroon) who also provides the only ophthalmological expertise to the Gibraltar Health Authority.
Procedures available at the Specialist Medical Clinic include:
- Eye and visual acuity assessment
- Screening for ophthalmic problems such as diabetes, glaucoma and cataract
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
- Corneal Surgery (e.g correcting astigmatic error)
- Eye muscle surgery (correcting squints / strabismus)
- Oculo-plastic surgery
- Eyelid surgery
- Blepharoplasty /Eyelift (this is plastic surgery of the eyelids to remove excessive skin or subcutaneous fat).
- Ptosis repair (repair for droopy eyelid)
- Ectropion and Entropion repair
- Canthal resection
- Botox injections for peri orbital wrinkles