Ears Nose & Throat (ENT)
ENT or otolaryngology (ENT Surgery) is the branch of medicine that specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, throat and head and neck disorders. Practitioners are called otorhinolaryngologists (ORL). The term comes from the Greek oto for ear, rhino for nose, laryngo for larynx/throat and –logy for study), literally meaning study of ear, nose and throat.
Diseases of the ear, nose and throat affect many of us. Dysfunction of the air passages around the mouth and nose can cause significant discomfort, prompt and appropriate treatment is therefore essential. At the Specialist Medical Clinic our specialist, Dr Robin Reyes, is able to manage all aspects of these diseases including: allergies, hearing problems, balance disorders, deafness, tonsil problems and tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Services available at the Specialist Medical Clinic include:
- management of nasal allergy, sinusitis and blocked nose
- assessment and management of vertigo and balance disorders
- hearing tests, investigation of ear pain, deafness, tinnitus
- removal of wax/foreign bodies from ears
- evaluation of snoring issues and sleep apnoea
- evaluation of voice abnormalities, throat pain, swallowing difficulties
- endoscopic examination of the larynx and pharynx (throat)
- surgical treatment of ENT conditions
If surgical treatment is required, Dr Reyes is able to provide this at one of our partner hospitals in Spain.