Heart disease is becoming more common and understanding cardiac disease has led to a reduction in the rate of heart attacks and strokes. However, as many people are unaware that they have underlying heart disease, after the age of 40 regular cardiac check-ups are valuable in the assessment of the heart, as well as to monitor blood pressure and blood lipids. Regular monitoring ensures that any abnormalities are caught early and that appropriate treatment is commenced at an early stage, this in turn enables your doctor to minimize any damage resulting from heart disease.
At the Specialist Medical Clinic, our cardiologist, Dr Bernd Reisbeck, is able to fully assess the condition of your heart as well as monitor your blood pressure and your heart's electrical activity. He also has the facilities to perform an echocardiogram, enabling him to assess the function of the heart valves and chambers. If these tests show that you have significant abnormalities, further tests (interventional cardiac angiography +/- intervention) can be organised for you. At the Specialist Medical Clinic we offer the following:
- cardiac disease risk assessment
- blood pressure control
- ECG (resting and stress) interpretation
- 24 hour ECG monitoring and recording
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring and recording
- management of all cardiac conditions including after a heart attack
- referral for interventional cardiology
- onward referral to specialists in Spain for therapeutic and if necessary surgical treatment.